<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 29, 2004

It's another day of waking up arbitrarily at 5 am, being dead tired by 10 am, wanting to go back to bed, but knowing i woouldn't be able to get to sleep.
I'm windering if anybody's liveblogging Ashcroft v Raich.
Soon to be Gonzales v Raich.
I'm not aware of any way to search the blogosphere for most recent posts on a topic.
Patri Friedman is working on it.
I had planned to do a post about my friend peter who was killed for promoting medical marijuana.
He was depressed and paranoid about having cancer and aids and living in a society in which the government was trying to kill him. So he used marijuana. So they killed him.
peter mcwilliams.

Peter used pot so he could take his aids cocktail. He found as a side effect it let him manage his depression. He gave a speech at the 1998 lp convention which is on video at the above link. Then we went upstairs to the gay suite and got high.
He was singled out for prosecution for helping a canabis cooperative in the bay area, and jailed. As a condition of pre-trial release, they wouldn't let him use pot.
He didn't want to skip town for canada, because his parents had put up their house for bail. Unable to take his meds without pot, he died choking on his own vomit.
I'm currently in one of those phases of not using pot, because it's illegal and I'm being closely watched, so I'm unable to manage my depression, so I haven't been able to work or function. But I've been taking a rest cure, just giving myself some time off and some peace and quiet, writing online for therapy, and am doing a little better.

I think it's noon on the east coast, so the press conference should be going on now.
WASHINGTON, Nov. 23 (AScribe Newswire) -- Angel Raich, the plaintiff in the closely watched medical cannabis case before the Supreme Court and her legal team will speak briefly on the Court steps immediately following the hearing on her case on November 29, followed by a more in-depth press conference directly across the street from the Court.
Note: This event is not open to the public; press are asked to RSVP or present credentials. Refreshments will be served.
WHO: Rob Kampia, Executive Director, Marijuana Policy Project Randy E. Barnett,

I've met Rob and Randy briefly. They do good work. www.mpp.org to get on Rob's email list, volokh.com for lots of barnett.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?