<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 12, 2004

ramones biopic
It was 1975 or 76. i forget why we had a high school trip to new york. We lived in the suburbs, had feathered dry-look hair, john denver hiking boots and goretex jackets.
And there on the sidewalk were these kids in black leather jackets, tattoos, earrings,
and spiked hair. We'd never seen anything like it. I didn't know it at the time, but my life changed that day. I got to play "end of the century" at one of my rare shifts at wxdr. Joey and DeeDee signed my jacket at a record store in jersey in, it might have been 81. I was never a full time punk, but the existance of punk culture created a lot of breathing room for those of us who were geeks back before geek was cool.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?