<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 27, 2004

warblogging at catalarchy.
If i haven't said so here before, I call for the separation of sports and state.
I do not, of course support prohibition of sports. That never works.
But let's face it, America has a sports problem. Sports-related injuries fill our hospitals and graveyards. Our prisons are full of young men whose sports habits began young and led to worse. Statesmen corrupted by sports range from JFK to GWB. Nixon was a sports fiend, as documented by Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, but he rarely let it interfere with his work. Some readers may think I kid. No. Granted, I'm bitter, i was the kid picked last for kickball, scraped by in college fencing, flunked tai chi in grad school. And I don't mean to lump in the asian martial arts with my sports critique.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?