<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Earlier this year I made a friend on myspace.com, who sent me a song, American Idiot.
It was pop punk, upbeat cheerful, I liked it and asked him who it was by. 'Green Day.'
In 94 when I moved to indy, my roommate sid was big into green day, but I'd never heard them.
Right now this post is a placeholder for an entry on flagburning.

link to waddling thunder entry at crescatsentia.org would go here.
"sid" would be linked to the 'sid lives' saga. Sid was the first guy I knew to get shut down by the software cops for filesharing. In 1995.
posner case on flagburning would go here.lawson v hill.
indiana statute banning flagburning would go here.
link to iclu page about the case.

if green day lit a flag on fire at one of their concerts, could they yell fire in the crowded theatre? I'm not much of a playwrite/playwright, but I'd like to write a play called Fire!

Meanwhile, Jeremy Blachman (sp?) wins fame, anonymous lawyer unmasked. Deep Throat for the new millenium, exposed by the crack investigative journalists at the nyt.
I guess they asked him. I read (red) Jeremy at crescat, and enjoyed Anonymous Lawyer, but did not catch on. The style is similar, but the length was different, like a haiku master writing an epic saga. I'm supposed to be hacking together a deed, the guy wants to close by the end of the year, tomorrow.

Don't wanna be an American idiot.
Don't want a nation under the new mania.
And can you hear the sound of hysteria?
The subliminal mind fuck America.

Welcome to a new kind of tension.
All across the alienation.
Everything isn't meant to be okay.
Television dreams of tomorrow.
We're not the ones who're meant to follow.
For that's enough to argue.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Now everybody do the propaganda.
And sing along in the age of paranoia.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?