<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 23, 2005

3rd try:
Rats. was in the middle of a post when i got a server error message and the post was gone. Usually it at least waits till i try to save the post.
As i was saying before i was so rudely interupted,
i wasted today reading webcomics filthy lies and skirting danger and wasted much of yesterday reading webcomic men in hats.
I did some other stuff too, braved a blizzard to pick up my car, got food, cooked, read, chatted online, commented in some blogs, the usual.
Reading autobiography of katharine graham. Good stories about being rich and famous in the 60s, dating adlai and kissinger, hanging out with lbj and kennedy.
having a manic-depressed suicidal lawyer husband, gradually discovering women's lib, and so forth. She's more open about her emotional state than most writers.
My mother lent me the book - she is from the same generation, not as rich or as powerful, but in our small town she was a player.
So now i'm torn in 3 directions - get coffee, do laundry, read in bed. Ok, I'll make that get coffee, do laundry, read at laundromat.
So 50 bookwise, that's
Gibson, Gaiman, Graham. Pattern Recognition, American Gods, Personal History.
I'm not assuming i'll get through 50 - I'm assuming that I'm cooped up indoors reading because it's winter out, and at some point I'll be busy doing things instead.
This may or may not pan out. In my own personal history, there have been times when I spend 6 months holed up reading, times when I'm busy doing stuff. I am apparently manic depressive. So I end up being well-read, with occasional bursts of world-saving superheroism. While other more normal people get and hold jobs, raise families, plan for retirement, without feeling much of sense of needing to save the world except the occasional tsumani donation.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?