<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Fan-fan:
I was at the mall today, meeting a client.
There's a martial arts studio there which was drawing a crowd, so I watched for a bit.
A young lady did a routine with a sword, and then did a similar routine with two fans.
It was very impressive. Yeah, I know the booker-dano decision's out now, and some immigration cases, and there's been some more oral arguments, and cert granted in 8 new cases, but I don't seem to care. The old scotusblogging fad has passed, now all the cool kids are

Tireblogging!
So yesterday I'd whomped up a deed and a letter of intent and gotten a tax reciept and was on the way to meet a client who wants to close tomorrow, only i was in the wrong lane, trying not to miss the exit when wham! i hit a fork in the road, blew out a tire.
Changed the tire in the mud and rain, got a few more miles down the road when the spare blew. I pulled into a gas station, got coffee, explained i was leaving the car.
Asked if there was a garage or tire shop nearby. She said "sure!" and gave directions to a place 2.3 miles away. I found out today there's a garage just down from the gas station. I walked the 2.3 miles to the main road in the rain and mud, dark with no shoulder so at some risk to my life, and caught a bus home.
The phone rings, roommate calling - the same thing happened to him. So today we went to the Shop Around the Corner, which sells not books but auto parts.
One Way Auto Parts. If they don't have it, they can get it. Shipping worldwide.
I spent $20 plus tax, he spent $40 plus tax and they threw in a free dipstick he hadn't been able to find anywhere. Then he took a cab, changed his tire, came back and got me, we went and I changed my tire, I then went and met with the client.
Tomorrow I'll need to go get my brakes checked - something seemed out of kilter.
I also changed a fuse today so have ceiling lights again. Bought some hardware at walmart. I hope that's enough tireblogging to last a year. Back to abstract political theory.
The strange thing was that last night when I got home from the long walk in the rain and mud, I was in a fairly cheerful mood. For about 6 months I've been using depression as an excuse for not getting much done, treating it like a cold, lots of rest and plenty of fluids. I may need to find a new excuse.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?