<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Here is a book
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0812930622/ref=sib_rdr_next2_ex16/002-4715325-2440858?%5Fencoding=UTF8&p=S00N&j=1&ns=1#reader-page
by Kerry Kennedy Cuomo. You can read the first chapter or so online at amazon.
She profiles 50 humans rights activists around the world.
The link I pointed to is about an economics professor in bangladesh who started a bank to lend small amounts of money to women. It now has 2.4 million customers.
This is what I meant about being opposed to tsumani donations - I'd rather see people invest in this bank, have the bank invest in real people who will use the money wisely, and pay off the loan, and put the money back in action.
I found it by accident - I'd been researching Cuomo's messy divorce, which is affecting the New York Attoreny General's race.
Cuomo's father, RFK, wrote a book I liked, the enemy within, about unions and the mob.
The Kennedies are a mixed bag.
Finding her book was the closest I came to doing anything useful today.
http://www.speaktruthtopower.org/
more here, which i havent read yet.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?