<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 06, 2005

http://s-wunderink.blogspot.
com
/2004/09/give-me-please.html
Here is an amazing blog about another peace corps (i assume) volunteer in kazakhstan.
It gets no comments, I don't know if it has readers. I don't know if I have readers,
except that one guy.
Her blog was linked at crescat but i'd never clicked on it before.
One the one hand, kazakhstan seems impervious to help; it is a culture of corruption and indolence in which there is no point in getting ahead. The thais are far more entrepreneurial. But, there is a human connection with this blogger, and she asks for so little. Pictures of food, books with short words.
Yes, as I haven't said yet, I think this blogger would be worthy of charity - what would she think of a menu from masa?

Meanwhile it's getting dark and I have errands to run -fuses and coffee.
My roommate is an alcoholic who tends to puke when goes awhile without drinking,
so there are odd retching noises at times. That would be hell.
I am awful to him, just ignoring him most of the time, because of my utter lack of social skills - I don't like being reminded there is a physical world outside my cyber-life. Need to call my ex for her birthday today.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?