<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 21, 2005

I'm awake at an ungodly early hour again. It's dark out. I wake up and worry, and after awhile of that I get up, go to the computer, start drinking coffee. Granted, the coffee drinking could be related to the sleeplessness. But I'm still pondering the Indiana gay marriage case - I still had that window open.

My concern right now is about the amici. Eagle forum - that's Phyllis (sp?) Schlafly.
Forcus on the Family is, I think, Dr. James Dobson. Fred Phelps did not sumbit an amicus.

The ironic thing about these groups is they argued, successfully, that the Indiana Bill of Rights does not protect the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

So if Indiana wants to make abortions mandatory, or shut down church-run schools,
or ban heterosexual marraiages, these groups would not be able to argue under sections 1,12, and 23 of the Indiana Bill of Rights. They might be able to argue on other sections, or on federal grounds, but they have undone their best line of defense.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?