<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Slashdot picks up story on the two guysarrested for telling lawyer jokes. I'm drafting a comment.
Shoultz v Indiana discusses when political speech cannot be used to support a disorderly conduct charge. Case.
I find this case interesting, because plaintiff's lawyer is S. Anthony Long, who I have sued twice over that same state constitutional provision. See Majors.blogspot.com.

The two guys were charged with disorderly conduct for their speech.
Issue: did the lawyer act unethically? did the lawyer act tortiously or criminally?
Issue: who was the lawyer? His identity should be discoverable; he's a key witness.

Now here's a hell of a story. William's story. About a bum who turns out to be a harvard law grad who clerked for Rehnquist.

It's past midnight and I think I have court tomorrow so I will drop the idea of posting to slashdot tonight.
The funny thing is, I can't tell if William's story is fact or fiction.
Ok, it was fiction; I'm gullible that way.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?