<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

At crescat, a brilliant post by waddling thunder aka raffi on the imperial presidency.
Little to add, but it reminds me of gap in my knowledge. In the US, the president is commander-in-chief, which seems to translate as warlord. But in the UK, or rather England, the commander in chief was somebody else, neither king nor prime minister, sort of a joint chief of staff. It's the details of how that works that I don't know.
And mabne I don't need to know - I'm still really vague on which Japanese court offical does what, what a lord chamberlin is, and suchlike. Grand poobahs and lesser poobahs.
Isn't 'raffi' the satantic uncle in Friendly Hostility?

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?