<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Several social engagements last night. At joell's party I ran into some guy who has a band and a myspace site for the band, and I'm trying to remember what it was. Not oracle, not oasis. I'm hoping it'll come to me later. Aha. Opiate. I looked it up at www.emersontheatre.com.
Anyway, on with the show. Opening band Opiate featured pulse-pounding
vocals, blasting away with Pantera stylings and Limp Bizkit slamming
guitars. Powerful screaming vocals, infused with anger and frustration and
rage. "The fuck you waiting for, get the fuck up to the front!" Oh, yes,
charismatic stage presence as well. Roaring anger and stunning slabs of
guitar power, the kind of energy you just can't keep up forever. But it
was long enough.

Not my scene, but he was cute, with the faded jeans and black eyeshadow, but that's probably just cuz he's a rock star.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?