<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Will Baude is on book 15 of the 50 books challenge, and so am I more or less.. i've lost count but it's between 10 and 20, 15ish. The difference is he's reading
the second volume of The Constitution in Congress: (The Jeffersonians), by Curry,
and I'm reading Island of the Sequined Love Nun.
I'm reading it not because of my interest in polynesian-western syncretism ala Pitcairn, Maugham or Hawaii, but because it looked like a fun read, more so than fear of flying or circle of friends or the deep end of the ocean or the others in the stack of coverless paperbacks I gleaned from the recycling bin at the Lesbian bookstore awhile back and put aside for a rainy day/month/indefinate period.
At the moment (p.102)our hero is in a capsized boat with a ladyboy navigator and a pet fruit bat, fending off sharks. Pretty good read, in the light escapist genre, which is what I want. Today I answered the phone, closed the sale of a lot for $1000, looked up the paperwork, and went back to bed. I do this about once a month. It beats working, and I can keep it up for a year or two until I run out of lots. Two more phone calls to make today. I don't like phones to begin with, and expect bad news and hassles, so I'm putting it off. Meanwhile I'm in an email dialog with a journalist in Illinois. I'm trying to get across the difference between a law and an unconstitutional statute.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?