<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 06, 2005

Book 27. Naked Lunch, William Burroughs.
I picked this up while my computer was busy overwriting deleted file space, since I'd finished the Thurber. I'd started it once before and put it down; the writings of a junkie are only somewhat accessible, but this time it seems readable.
"As one judge said to another, be just, and if you can't be just, be arbitrary" p.4. P.4 is a ways into the book; first there is a forward about the case that tried to have the book declared obscene, and then there's a preface about how Burroughs wakes up one morning and finds that it's 15 years later and he'd been lost in addiction.
I've gotten to p 44 but not sure i'll get further.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?