<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 14, 2005

http://www.jmbarrie.net/works/theac10.txt
something to read next.
j m barrie, the butler who would be king, a study in role reversal, recommended just now by a friend, whose late uncle, also a friend, was a great british butler.
provisionally, because I might or might not get around to reading it, let's call that book 30.
I just started book 29, Ladies and Gentlemen, Lenny Bruce!. I'm liking it less than expected. It has the same stuff I didn't like about Naked Lunch, heroin chic circa 1960.
It's by Al Goldman. For a second, picking it up for 50 cents, I thought it was by Al Goldstein, which would have been a different book. It's written in hipster and yiddish and english, so now and then there are words I don't know. It's a reminder of why my parents were prim and proper and lived in the suburbs - Lenny's New York is ugly and vulgar and dirty and dangerous. Will I keep reading? Probably. Books are my junk.
Meanwhile, back to Guido Calabresi of the Second Circus, concurring pdf in denial of rehearing in Landell v Sorrell.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?