<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Matthew Hale update.
Well, I haven't actually blogged about him before, or did I, but I've been following the story a bit. He's been sent to a supermax in Colorado. Supermax, as we learned in the recent Ohio case heard by the Supreme Court, is a torture chamber.
He wanted to be sent to Pekin Illinois to be near his parents.
I'm convinced he's not guilty of the thing they put him in jail for 40 years for -
he did not solicit the murder of a federal judge.
He gave firey speeches, and somebody who listened to his rants went and killed some people. But I have no reason to think he was in on it.
Now I'm not saying I like the guy - he's some kind of neonazi.
But he's a political prisoner, being subjected to inhumane conditions.
If I were a better person, or better organized or something, I might try to do something, at least put the guy on my christmas card list. I'll probably do nothing, maybe an occasional blog entry. Another story.
His situation is that he's trying to do his appeal pro se, and being in supermax might keep him from having access to materials he needs to do his appeal, catch-22.
The transcriptsd from the ohio supermax case may be up by now; that would be a fun way to avoid useful work tonight.
Forgot I'd already read it last week. Must not have been that memorable, or I'm tired.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?