<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 11, 2005

Book 34: Tom Brokaw, A long way from home: growing up in the american heartland.
Nice. Light, but nice. I enjoy rural americana, here South Dakota 1950s, and this is well-told.
Amazon has used copies for a penny, not sure how that works, make it up in shipping charges? For Book 35, I've opened "Honey Fitz" by John H Cutler, 1962. Not sure if I'll read it. I'm guessing it's in the camelot school, a bowdlerized version, but more detailed than what I've read of Fitzgerald before. I'm interested in learning more about why he was kicked out of congress in the 1920s.
I was at the discount bookstore at the seymour outlet mall and passed up two good Kennediana books, one a set of collected letters from JPK, the other focused on the sons of the current generation. Instead for the same money I bought a marble mortor and pestle and some underwear. One of the things I liked about the Brokaw was the frugality of the midwestern post-depression farm family. I try to be frugal in that sort of way, at least about small stuff like not buying books. I was offered a car today for $400, and haven't decided if I need a second car.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?