<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 16, 2005

More asymetrical info: jane galt on the starbucks tax:
All of us, including me, fritter away money on things we don't need. The trick is to figure out which ones aren't worth the money. If someone proposed to give you a Starbucks a day for a year if you paid them $1400 on January 1st, would you take them up on this offer? I don't know about you, but that's a sizeable chunk of my income to be devoting to coffee. Yet that's what you'll spend over a year's time, if you buy an average Starbucks once a day, at least in my neck of the woods. Might be better to drink the free stuff your office provides, and put that money into something that really will give you joy, like a trip to Italy, or a great restaurant meal, or making yourself more financially secure.
I generally agree with her. I seem to recall some discussions of the value of student loans to buy starbucks, but it's unlikely I'll go dig up the links. Besides, I'd like to get to the bar before midnight. But I don't mind that I stayed here an hour longer than planned, absorbing asymetrical information.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?