<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 16, 2007

At the moment I am online wirelessly at the local coffeeshop on a new (recycled) laptop. It's been up and down tonight, not yet reliable, but if i can it to work more consistantly, I'll be able to spend more time online,and that could mean being able to update the blog more often. -
update: the laptop worked for a day then crashed. Currently I'm looking at a $200 desktop P4, (obstacles) Meanwhile I've had zero personal productivity lately, a combination of sick, lazy, and limited access to computers.
Bought the P4 and found out the phone company turned off my dsl and won't turn it on again for a week. Color me frustrated.
Spent a half hour on hold getting an AT&T supervisor, then 5 minutes fixing the problem - I am online via dialup as a workaround till the DSL is on. It's been over 5 years since I've had to cope with dialup, and it's a whole different world... makes me wish i had a working copy of the lynx browser instead of firefox. A dialup emulator for web pages would be another handy tool... it makes me want to remove my aardvark logo from this blog.. dialup handles text pretty well but slows to a crawl when it encounters graphics. The advantage, or maybe disadvantage, is that when I can't sleep at 4:17 am I can be online. I don't sleep well which may be a factor in not being as productive during the days as I would like.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?