<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 29, 2007

What I'll be reading.
I have a paying gig at (Chicago Pharm Co) which will give me a lot of extra time to sit around and read books, so I spent $20 and bought:
1 Murrow his life and times.
2 Complete short stories of Mark Twain (I think I've read all these, but it was 50 cents.)
3 The Senator (Burke, about Ted Kennedy.) I find I have very little interest anymore in the Kennedy/Johnson reading binge I was doing a couple of years ago. I never got the book started,and I've probably forgotten most of what I learned in reading 50 or so books.
4 Virtual Light- William Gibson. Now I'm confused about was it Neil Gaiman or who exactly, that wrote that movie Randy Shelly will be in with William F Shatner, and some other people. This comment is incoherent now, but it's a placeholder for me to go back and google later.
OK, I see why I was confused. Randy is in Beowulf, Neil Gaiman screenplay and executive producer, with Angeline Jolie John Malkovitch and Anthony Hopkins, but Randy is also in Horroween with William F Shatner, Eric Estrada, George Clinton, Jenna Jamison, Tila Tequila, Alice Cooper, Barry Humphreys, Jay Thomas, and Joe Boxer, among others.
5 At Ease: stories i tell to friends. Dwight Eisenhower.
6 How to get invited to the white house, Humes
7 Partners in power, Morris, about the Clinton co-presidency.
8 Vignettes of Legal History, Julius Marke.
also in the box are a few books that were in my car, which i got slightly cleaner today:
9 Worldwalk: one man's journey around the globe
10: The evolution of primate behavior.
This should keep me from getting bored for a month. I won't read all of it, but I'll have stuff with me to read.
Currently, I'm reading The Covenant, by James Michener, one of his trademark long historical sagas, this one about South Africa.
update: What I had was volume I, but here at the clinic they have the full thing, so I'll read it this week, also picked up "Anansi Boys" by Neil Gaiman - it's ok, but only ok, and an Anias Nin. Currently reading this week's New Yorker,and struggling with a dialup connection on a P3 - but the study is going smoothly,and I'm getting paid while wasting time online; that's the right job for me.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?