<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 05, 2007

What I've been reading (reprise, 2007 so far.)

1 The American Black Chamber, Herbert Yardley.
2 Marco Polo if you can, William F Buckley.
3 Living History, Hillary Clinton.
4 Maui Revealed.
5 Another day in the frontal lobe.
6 Me, Katherine Hepburn.
7 The Rainmaker, John Grisham.
8 Todd and the Talking Pinata .
9 The Firm, Grisham.
0 A Confederacy of Dunces. - didn't like it, didn't finish it, it doesn't count.
10 Chuck Taylor: All Star, by Abe Aamador.
11 Anansi Boys, by Neil Gaiman
12 The Covenant, by James Michener,
13 At Ease: stories i tell to friends. Dwight Eisenhower.
14 How to get invited to the white house, Humes
15 John LeCarre, the Honorable Schoolboy.
16 All's Fair, by James Carville and Mary Matalin.
17 Reel Futures, By Forest J Ackerman. (not in order, read this in march)
18 And still I persist in Wondering,Edgar Pangborn
19 Virtual Light, William Gibson.
20 A Holiday for Murder, Agatha Christie.
21 Wild Talent, Wilson 'Bob" Tucker.
22. The Justice Story. True Crime stories from the new york Post.
23. Out of the Furrow, Autobiography of Kalamazoo's first Pediatrician, H. Sidney Heersma.

So at this rate I'm on track to actually read 50 books in 2007. It wasn't a goal I'd set myself, but I've been doing it for the past couple of years,and might as well keep going.
I'm doing fairly well so far with my 2007 goals. I'm well on track to make at least $10,000 this year in earned income, which is enough for me to be self-supporting and debt free.
I've expanded my limited social life, and gone from total celibacy to occasional disappointing one night stands - sort of progress. I have a nice place to live, so I should unpack and clean out the basement.
I didn't sell the house, but I seem to have two solid tenants, as well as a couple of bums who tend not to pay. The house needs lots of work, but can use the rental income to do it.
I still have some tax issues to resolve, but the IRS is not breathing down my back.
I'm blogging often again, if not well. I'm resigned to this being one of those blogs no one reads because it isn't very good. You still won't see many posts like this in which I just whine about my life - the point of this one was to collect the "what i'm reading" posts into a more coherent list.
I still have a few vacant lots to sell before they go for back taxes,and a few unresolved money issues,and some scores to settle with people who have tried to rob me or harm me, but those are not currently in crisis.
I have two lawsuits (three really) which I am behind on,and I'm ok with the idea that they are likely to be dismissed for want of prosecution, in which case they go back on the list of scores to settle, one way or another.
I have enough of an income I don't need to be looking for work, although I am free to do so if a good job opportunity comes along.
So things are going well, I'm unstressed, life is fine. That could change in a hurry, but for now things are fine,and that's a good place to build from.
In the past week, with nothing but time on my hands, I've made no progress on my to do lists, except to write out a better version of them.
But that's ok. Right now I'm getting well-paid to do nothing,and that suits me fine. Next week I'll be home for a month's vacation, then I go back to getting paid to do nothing, either in Michigan or Wisconsin or Minnesota - I have some likely gigs lined up. All for tonight.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?