<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Websnark on knowing Gary Gygax, the guy who invented D&D and Gencon and Dragon and so forth. Died the other day. Here's Wil Wheaton's take on it. I was not myself ever a D&D player, but in high school I hung with the geeks who played. We had a Sunday afternoon soccer game and they'd all go over to Henry's house for whichever board game it was at the time. I still can't relate to a game where it takes a month to learn the rules and a week to set up to get ready to play. Now Henry's a lawyer for a bank, Rick's a rocket scientist, Robert is a doctor, the other Robert went into the military, and I don't know what happened to Greg.
I like to say that the only games I play are chess, monopoly, and elections, but actually I've been playing computer hearts and solitaire, vegas rules, today, compulsively. Saturday night I went to a wake for Gygax at Barfleet Academy, so I'll be sleeping late tomorrow.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?