<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What I'm reading:
Which Lie Did I Tell? William Goldman. Amazon.
It's a book by a screenwriter, about screenwriting and hollywood.
So there's a lot of "play within a play" stuff.
One of those was about the theft of the mona lisa from the louvre. Happened in 1911, was recovered 2 years later. link. He wrote The Princess Bride and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, among others.
Game of Kings, good book about a championship high school chess team.
I was reading Jarod Diamond's Guns Germs and Steel, which is wonderful, but I left it in a hotel room when I was driving back, during Ike, from a law school 15th reunion.
I'll have to go out now and buy or find a copy.
Before that, I read Wodehouse On Crime while visiting my ex in Paducah.
Before that, Barbara Bush, a Memoir, comes off as a very nice lady,
Symptoms of Withdrawal, Christopher Kennedy Lawford, one of the more honest Kennedy autobiographies. I haven't been keeping track by number, but I'm pretty sure I won't have read 50 books this year. It's not that I was doing anything else more worthwhile, I'm just reading less - probably wasting the rest of the time online.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?