<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 05, 2008


What's that Japanese word for geek hermits, internet addicts who never go out?
(Hmm, "otaku", but that's merely obsessed anime nerd, I thought there was another term.)
I'm trying not to be quite as much one of those. I went out and bought a book (ok, anathem is geeky, and so is that i decided to buy it based on an kxcd forum discussion. $32 yikes!) and then today I went to see a show. Micro review follows.

Harley Poe (has some shows coming up)!
10-09-2008 19:00 at Moria - 7 pm.
3251 Broadway, Indianapolis, Indiana 46205 Cost: $5
House party with Frank Turner (UK) and Holy Hounds (Michigan)
(was a great show, picture above is from the show) )
----
Went to see Southern Culture on the Skids tonight. I would have been
disappointed - OK surf band,
but loud/unintelligible, didn't seem southern or country,and Dick Dale it ain't. I left early.
But the opening band made up for it.
Punk, funny, smart, the kind of stuff I was expecting SCOTS to be.
Very dirty songs about vampires, syphilis, menstruation, zombies, necrophilia.
They are playing a house party on Broadway Thursday.
I hope I'll find the lyrics on their myspace; the music was funny and clever but I couldn't make out the words very well over the guitars.
A better review here http://www.punknews.org/review/3641
Ok here's a bunch of their stuff on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9knz_59X0qY
Some lyrics and playlists http://lyricwiki.org/Harley_Poe

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?