<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Marginal revolution points to a couple of best sf books of the year lists, which have some overlap. I've read Little Brother and Anathem, but I haven't read Sly Mongoose by Tobias Buckenell (liked by the instapundit) or Ian Banks, those are maybes for 2009 (stuff i will read if i happen to luck into used copies for example, or break down and use my library card.)
Currently reading Douglas MacArthur, Remininc..remi.. autobiography. Amazing story competently told. He comes from a long line of Arthur MacArthurs who were war heros.
By age 4 he was riding and shooting and chasing Geronimo. First in his class at west point, later commander there. I'm at the part leading up to WWII... I'm at the point where he's returned to the Philippines.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?