<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Word for the day: graupel.
Apparently that's what it's doing outside.
They say (wrongly) eskimo (Aleut) has 57 words for snow, maybe English does too.
I'm 48 and I've never heard of this until today's weather report. The important thing is it's 36 out there so my sunflowers should live, I hope.
Graupel (also called snow pellets) refers to precipitation that forms when supercooled droplets of water condense on a snowflake, forming a 2–5 mm ball of rime; the snowflake acts as a nucleus of condensation in this process. The term is derived from German Graupel meaning the same.
Meanwhile, I've been focused on moving to my new house on rt 40 in indianapolis, so hadn't blogged anything for awhile. I am moved in but the unpacking is a longer process.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?