<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 12, 2009

I once did a radio debate opposing affirmative action at my law school, mizzou. I was up against a man who was later my criminal procedure prof. My position on that topic later changed when I learned about Mizzou's history of discrimination. Here's a NYT article about Lloyd Gaines, who won the suit that desegregated the law school, and the mystery of his disappearance. I wish someone would put up a reward for solving the mystery. At mizzou, I was put in the affirmative action class. While I am white, I was a non-traditional returning adult student and they weren't sure what to do with me. I'd flunked out of college 4 times and had the highest LSAT scores in my class. The class was very helpful; helped me figure out what kind of answer they were looking for on an essay test, which as an undergrad I'd never really understood. I've emailed the NYT reporter encouraging him to do a story on Manual Talley.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?