<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 16, 2020

how to request your fbi file.
1/3 of americans have an fbi file. what's in your file?

step 1. fill out the damn form. it seems like it needs to be printed and scanned, unless you have the fancy version of adobe.
https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/u-s-department-of-justice-form-361-certification-of-identity.pdf/view

step 2: customize this form letter:
Dear FOIPA Officer:

This is a request under the Privacy Act.

I hereby request any and all records, documents, or communications prepared or maintained by the FBI pertaining to myself or my activities.

[ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OPTIONAL]

I am willing to pay up to [$20] for the processing of this request. Please inform me if the estimated fees will exceed this limit before processing my request.

I am seeking information for personal use and not for commercial use.

Please find attached a signed copy of Form DOJ-361 certifying my identity under penalty of perjury.

Thank you for your consideration,

[YOUR NAME / ALIASES]
[YOUR ADDRESS]
[YOUR CITY/STATE/ZIP]
[YOUR PHONE NUMBER]

That's it. More info at https://foiamapper.com/how-to-request-your-fbi-file/







Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?